Frequently Asked Questions
|"What is the difference between a belt, a wrap, & a pouch cover?"|
|Belts and wraps provide different levels of support. Choose the type of support you need:
• Belts provide heavy support by reinforcing the area around the flange and supporting the weight of the bag as it fills.
• Wraps provide light support by holding the bag snug against the body, improving discretion under clothing as the bag fills
• Pouch Covers are bag accessories and are tailored to keep the contents of your bag concealed.
|"How do I choose a size?"|
|Sizing & measuring information is available on every product page:
• Belts: measure around the body, beginning just below the stoma & around the abdomen
• Wraps: measure around the body, beginning from the top of your bag & around the body
|"I chose the wrong size, can I exchange it for the correct size?"|
|Yes. Items can be modified to a different within 10 days of receipt. Do not continue to use the item. Item must be returned clean, undamaged, & in it's original packaging. Due to the nature of the items, products are not eligible for return. All exchanges will be completed as a modification of the existing item.
Please submit your information on the Returns & Exchanges page to initiate the exchange & to receive an authorization code for the exchange.
|"Will these products work with any ostomy?"|
|Yes, all products will work with any one-piece or two-piece colostomy, ileostomy, or urostomy appliance and can be worn by men, women, and children.|
|"What is the difference between the Ready Set Go Collection and the Premium Custom Collection?"|
|Both collections are hand-made, quality items, tailored in the United States from the brand you love, PouchWear. Because every ostomate is different, we provide different items that make shopping for an ostomy simple.
• The Ready Set Go Collection offers ReadyMade items that are pre-sized and ready to ship within 1-5 business days, on average, prior to shipping. Fast & easy purchasing. ReadyMade items are perfect for ostomates seeking support without needing multiple options, upgrades, or measurements.
• The Premium Custom Collection is available at ostomybagholder.com and offers a variety of fully custom tailored ostomy support products where you can choose your own fabrics, colors, sizes, fits, wear styles, closure types, pocket styles, upgrades, and much, much more. CustomMade items require tailoring timeframes, prior to shipping, to make your order from scratch. Customized supports are perfect for ostomates who have issues with their ostomies including: fistulas, uneven areas around the stoma, uncommon ostomy needs, prefer a customized fit, have hernias, or who have double ostomies.
|"How long before my order ships?"|
|Current dispatching time frames are 1-5 business days, prior to shipping, on average depending on demand; up to 30 days. Since all items are made in-house, delays may include material, tailor, machinery, or dispatching delays.
*time frame excludes pillows; pillows are currently dispatching in 1-2 weeks on average
We currently do not offer rush dispatching, however, please add any 'need by' date information in your order comments & all efforts will be made to meet those needs. All orders are filled as soon as possible. Once the order is dispatched, the shipping method chosen during checkout will be applied. The shipping method you choose will determine the amount of time for delivery after the order has left the facility, as estimated by USPS, the shipping agency. Shipping methods do not affect dispatching times.
All shipments to Canada and the United Kingdom will incur additional fees during the checkout process to account for customs duties and VAT fees (up to 20% for the UK). All other international shipments will have no additional fees, but may be required to pay additional fees upon the time of delivery, or for release of their parcel, depending on their countries customs policies & fees. Any fees due for delivery and parcels returned due to buyer not collecting their order from the delivery agency are the buyer's responsibility. PouchWear is not liable for fees, returns, or delays due to any of the above. Please check with your countries importing policies for additional information if needed.
|"Do you accept insurance?"|
|Currently, insurance as an initial payment is not accepted. We do, however, recommend contacting your insurance provider to review their policies, as some ostomates have had success getting partial, or full, reimbursements.|